Click to Download the
Guidelines & Application Instructions
NYSCA is committed to nurturing the creativity of all New York’s
citizens, especially the learners and leaders of tomorrow. We believe
that the arts are intrinsically educational and integral to teaching
and learning, both in school and community settings. Arts Education
Program support may involve any arts discipline supported by NYSCA.
Multidisciplinary projects are welcome.
Goals of the Arts Education Program:
- To provide students of all ages and abilities throughout New York
State with arts learning experiences of enduring quality through
support of applications that emphasize sustained, multi-session
hands-on arts learning processes.
- To promote high-quality arts teaching through support of
applications that incorporate recognized arts learning standards, along
with strong evaluation and assessment components.
- To strengthen NY State’s arts learning ecosystem through support of
applications that stress fair compensation and meaningful professional
development opportunities for teaching and resident artists.
- To encourage innovation and sharing of knowledge in the changing
arts education environment through support of applications that provide
unique partnerships and exceptional services to the field, as well as
through support of regrant activities that reach deeply into all
regions of the State.
- General Operating Support
- Community-Based Learning
- K-12 In-School Programs
- Services to the Field
- Regrants and Partnerships Support
Christine Leahy, (212) 459-8818
Kavie Barnes, (212) 459-8858